Counter-OffersAlthough flattering, research shows surprising statistics.
Top 10 Reasons to Reject A Counter-Offer
1. What type of company do you work for if you have to threaten to resign before they give you what you are worth?
2. Where is the money for the counteroffer coming from? Are they offering your next raise early? All companies have strict wage and salary guidelines, which must be followed.
3. Your company will immediately start looking for a new person at a cheaper price.
4. You have now made your employer aware that you are unhappy. From this day on, your loyalty will always be in question.
5. When promotion time comes around, your employer will remember who was loyal, and who was not.
6. When times get tough, your employer will begin the cutback with you.
7. The same circumstances that now cause you to consider a change will repeat themselves in the future, even if you accept a counteroffer.
8. Statistics show that if you accept a counteroffer, the probabilities of voluntarily leaving in six months or being let go within one year are extremely high.
9. Accepting a counteroffer is an insult to your intelligence and a blow to your personal pride; you know you were bought.
10. Once the word gets out, the relationship you now enjoy with your coworkers will never be the same. You will lose the personal satisfaction of peer group acceptance.